SDS Research Group
Welcome to the Smart Distributed Systems Research Group! Research in the SDS laboratory is focused on the discovery and application of smart distributed systems in various field. As a research group we believe in the importance of developing a hub of creativity, critical thinking, and independence for lab members and affiliates. To learn more about our work, explore the website for ongoing projects and publications. Keep an eye out, as well, on upcoming talk and workshops via our research group calendar.
To be a leading contributor to the Kingdom’s 2030 vision by offering smart computing solutions as an infrastructure for smart cities, integrated services, and sustainable societies.
Coupling scientific research expertise with technical experience to provide national customised solutions for smart distributed systems.
To transfer knowledge, conduct training, collaborate with leading parties, and empower research in the field of smart distributed systems.
- Hosting regular scientific meetings that aims to discuss SDS-related hot topics to keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and related work.
- Organising workshops to encourage knowledge transfer and experience in the field of SDS.
- Make SDS competitor and reliable hub in the smart environments and their applications in various fields.
- Building partnerships with parties interested in SDS on both domestic and international environments
- Attracting distinguished researchers in the field in supporting applied research and SDS programs.
- Empowering women (researchers, faculty members, and post- and undergraduates) through the provision of appropriate and encouraging environment for the development and employment of their expertise in the field of IT and its applications in the field of SDS.
The Smart Distributed Systems research group includes several projects in the area of bio-inspired computation for various optimization problems, cloud computing, wireless sensor networks, and brain-computer interaction.